Laser Prostate Surgery in India - TURP (Transurethral Resection of the Prostate)
Transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP) is a surgical procedure performed to remove the whole or only a portion of the prostate gland that is enlarged.
Types of Highly Advanced Minimally Invasive Laser Prostate Surgery at World Class Hospitals in India
1. Green Light Laser PVP: Photoselective Vaporization of theProstate is a procedure used in the treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), an enlargement of the prostate gland, resulting in urethral restriction.
The prostate is a small gland circling the urethra immediately below the neck of the bladder. It has a vital function in the male reproductive system bysecreting a fluid into the urethra during ejaculation. The advantages of this approach over the traditional TURP (transurethral resection of the prostate) are many:
2. Holmium Laser: Holmium laser procedures use laser energy to alleviate BPH symptoms with fewer complications than invasive surgery by ablating or removing enlarged prostate tissue with high powered laser energy. Holmium laser procedures are generally performed under spinal, epidural or general anesthesia.
After receiving anesthesia, your urologist will pass a camera through a tube placed in your urethra, enabling him or her to view the bladder and prostate. The Holmium laser fiber (small flexible tube) is also passed through the same tube. The enlarged prostate tissue is then ablated with a very high degree of precision. The treatment is usually done in an outpatient setting and may require a catheter for up to 23 hours following the procedure.
Conventional vs Laser Prostatectomy / TURP:
The Laser TURP procedure is much more advanced & beneficial than the conventional procedure. The differences in the two are:
Advantages of Laser Prostate Surgery or Laser TURP/ Prostatectomy
- No Blood Loss and Shorter Hospital Stay.
- High success rate- surgery reduces symptoms in 88% of BPH patients.
- Most patients usually notice improvement in urine flow as soon as the catheter is removed.
- Cardiac patients who are on blood thinning agents.
- Patients with renal dysfunction who have a tendency to bleed profusely.
- Prostate gland size of more than 60 gm.
- Patients with Diabetes, Hypertension & high risk for anesthesia.
- Patients who have undergone joint replacement surgery.
Laser TURP in India
People from different parts of the world, especially countries like Nigeria, Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda, Tanzania, and Western countries, come down to India to consult with reputed urologists. Our hospitals are staffed with physicians trained in reputed medical universities abroad, and are equipped with the most modern diagnostic and surgical equipment.
We are associated with some of the best urologists in the country who can perform Laser TURP at state-of-the-art hospitals using advanced Diode lasers. Another advantage of getting the procedure done in India is the cost aspect. Laser TURP in India will cost only a fraction of what you would have to pay elsewhere.
Cost of Laser Prostate Surgery in India with best urologists in India
Package Cost for Laser Prostate Surgery is US Dollars 3500-4000
The cost includes
Get the AdvancedTreatmentinindia Advantage
World’s Class International Patient Care Services in India
International Patients Helpline
Please fill in the form and we'll be in touch soon
Note: If you are unable to submit this form, please Email or WhatsApp the medical reports to us. We will arrange a No Obligation opinion and Treatment Cost estimate from India's Best Hospitals for you
Treatment Process Follow
Email your medical report to us for opinion by India’s top doctorsWe send you expert medical opinion and treatment cost estimate from india’s leading hospitalsOnce you decide, we help to schedule appointments, apply for medical visa, airport pick up, post hospital stay